Aquarium Glass Scratches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericsze

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is there anyway to get rid of "scratched" glass on the inside of an established aquarium?

I am very interested in this as well, I got just into saltwater AND into rock work, and I scratched up the glass :cry:

you can buff them out with special compounds, but of course you would have to drain and dry out the tank. Not worth it in my opinion

jks1 is right u need to buff them out. I went down to a local glass repiar shop and they said they would lend me the buffer and thhe rubbing compound for a $40 deposit. So i did. Draind the tank and started buffing it was a little harder than i thought i think im gonna give up on removing the scarthces. btw the way it works is you pput the buffer on the glass and atack it to a drill then you buff until the glass gets hot and you "mold" and"buff" the scrathces out while the glass is hot and flexable. although i never did reach a tempreture the actullay do that. and also a drill is preetty hard to manuvre in a GLASS aqurium.

Back
Top Bottom