Aquarium Heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

astemerman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking at heaters for my 60gal tank... and I'm stuck between the Cascade Heat 13" Aquarium Heater vs. EHEIM Jager. What are your thoughts on the two?

have 2 brand new ehiem jager heaters both don't seem to shut off they tend to hold a temperature but I don't trust a heater that wont shut off , so I need to get new heaters as these are garbage IMO , I'm sending them back to where they came from to get my money back , I can see 1 being bad but 2 I'm not looking to cook my fish to find out if they are good or not !

thanks for the info. What brand does everyone use in their tanks?

I'm all about aqueon pros these days..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm all about aqueon pros these days..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I looked up an aqueon pros 06108 and a lot of people are saying the heater is not heating above 78 degrees... Have you had any problems like this with it?

Cobalt Neotherms. You can also buy the controller things that shut down power to the heater if they get stuck on. Forgot what the name of them is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cobalt Neotherms. You can also buy the controller things that shut down power to the heater if they get stuck on. Forgot what the name of them is.

+1 I've tried so many heaters over the years. These are cheap but definitely worth the money!

I too like the Cobalt Neotherm heaters and am running 2 of them. I was thinking of replacing an old heater on my 150 gallon tank with a new 200w Neotherm heater and saw lots of reviews which stated cases of this new higher wattage heater exploding in the tank and killing everything.

Back
Top Bottom