aquarium temps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubleguppy_2013

Aquarium Advice Regular
my aquarium is getting to hot and pushing over 82 degrees.
my room is the last room connected to the AC unit and my room is always hot. I read in some Articles that you can use frozen water bottles and set them in the tank(depending on size) and ive had a fan blowing over the water for a few hours and it doesnt do much or enough to where i wont worry about my fish. i prefer not moving the tank because well i live in texas and sometimes the ac units just dont do enough at all.
should i try the frozen water bottles?

I don't think the low to mid 80's really presents a problem to tropical fish as long as you have good filtration. You'd be better off adding an air pump with an airstone to get more oxygen into the water, because that is the real danger of warmer water; less oxygen.

Yah, 82 degrees is nothing to really worry about, but if it starts to get warmer, like maybe 85+, then i would start doing the water bottle trick.

yeah and i had the air stone for a while and it made my tank have weird markings on it so i went to petsmart and got one of those bubble poles that stick to the wall. My guppies are always swimming threw it (they had bubble beards at one point!)
my house right now is at 84 degrees and ive turned to ac on and it doesnt change much. and yes it works great just not in my bedroom.

Back
Top Bottom