AquariumGuys.com is giving away $150!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello AA members,

This is Andrew Voudouris, owner of AquariumGuys.com ([url]www.aquariumguys.com)[/url]. I know a few of you guys from AA as you’ve purchased from our store in the past and I’ve had the experience of dealing with you directly. I’m also a frequent reader of AA, but not much of a poster. Over the past months AquariumGuys.com has been working constantly to add more products to our ever growing site. Our dedication has paid off, and as of right now we have over 4500 products available for purchase at AquariumGuys.com. Right off the bat, I’d like to thank you guys for supporting us, which has allowing us to expand so much in recent months.

Anyway, down to the important stuff. We’ve come to the conclusion that to see more growth of our site it’s going to need to come from information from dedicated supporters like you guys. That’s why we’re giving away 2 Gift Certificates to our site to two lucky members of Aquarium Advice Forums that can be spent on anything at our store. The first place winner will receive a $100 Gift Certificate and the second place winner will receive a $50 Gift Certificate. To get in the running for the Gift Certificates all you have to do is send an email to aacontest@aquariumguys.com with your name, address, and what you would spend $100 on at AquariumGuys.com. To be entered you must include links to products you’d like to purchase from our site with the money. We want to find out what you guys are thinking and what products are most important to you. We hope that this will allow us to better stock, and add more variety to the products that are most popular among Aquarium Enthusiasts. The contest will run just under 3 weeks in length. We will stop accepting applications for the contest after Friday, April 1st at 11:59pm EST, and the winner will be announced Monday, April 3rd around 12 noon.

As a thank you for your support to our website in the past I’m offering everyone on Aquarium Advice Forums 5% off any purchase they make on our site, AquariumGuys.com, from today until May 15th. Just head over to AquariumGuys.com, fill up your shopping cart and enter the coupon code “iloveaa” (without the quotation marks) on the order page.

Alright, I’ve taken enough of your time. Go ahead, put together your email and send it over to aacontest@aquariumguys.com to get yourself in the running for $100 in free aquarium supply gear, or head over to AquariumGuys.com and place an order with that new coupon.

From myself and the staff of AA we thank you for your support of both of our sites, Aquarium Advice and AquariumGuys.com, and keep it up!

To enter you must email aacontest@aquariumguys.com with the following information:
- Name
- Address
- Aquarium Advice user ID
- Products you would purchase from AquariumGuys.com with $100. You must include links to specific products.

I have a question I see many Yahoo businesses with products are you guys actually a warehouse/company with real products?? or one of those sell it through some one else type ecommerce stores that have the orders shipped with the customer and your name on them??

just curious.

AquariumGuys

Hey everyone. This is Andrew from Aquariumguys.com.

We seem to be getting a pretty big turnout from the contest. I wanted to thank you guys for that, and I look forward to giving away the money in the few weeks, should be an exciting day... for some :D I hope you guys are enjoying the 5% off as well. Remember 5% off works with any item on our store, including sale prices, and on any order. So even if you're spending $5 feel free to use the coupon.

FancyGuppyGuy
We are not just an order forwarding site. Myself, and the two other owners of AquariumGuys.com have been in the Ecommerce business over the years. We also own and operate MustangTuning, (www.mustangtuning.com). Fish & Aquariums are an interest we share and something we were interested in creating an Ecommerce site for. We operate this business, and MustangTuning out of two office and warehouse buildings in Pennsylvania totaling 7,000 square feet.

Our site offers over 4500 products. It is very difficult to stock this many products, especially at our early stage in the game. Currently we stock some products that we purchase direct from manufacturers. We also have close relationships with many local stores that help us to get product, and lastly, we drop ship other products from another source. As time goes on we continue to develop better relationships and get better pricing on products, whether it be through manufacturers or other sources. We do our best to pass these savings on to our customers. We plan to carry more and more of our product line in our warehouse as time goes on and the site continues to grow. We are by no means a bunch of idiots who set up a storefront and shipping from someone else. I know the type you are talking about, and we do not operate on that level. Our MustangTuning store has been in business for 5 years and carries over 300 car parts for Mustangs, and 95% of these items are in our warehouse and shipped out directly to customers. Keep in mind the price of performance car parts vs. the price of aquarium filters and supplies.

We are very happy to help our customers in terms of pre-sales questions, billing questions, shipping questions, or any other questions that may arise. Our goal is to continue to grow and continue to provide the community with great prices and great service. You can feel free to contact us at sales@aquariumguys.com and expect a response within 24 hours on any questions you may have.

So FancyGuppyGuy, I understand your concern. I see new Yahoo! Stores everyday selling car parts and aquarium supplies. A lot of these stores are not the greatest to purchase from. I can assure you that we are not those stores and that we offer very competitive prices and excellent customer service for people who share our interest in aquariums.

Feel free to contact us with any questions, or PM directly with any concerns.

Thanks for listening to my rant, hope you all know a little bit more about the company now, and feel more confident in making a purchase :D

---------
Andrew Voudouris
AquariumGuys.com
www.aquariumguys.com
sales@aquariumguys.com

Andrew,

I really love the layout of your store. I spent several hours looking at other places (including places like petsmart and some of your other competitors) and your store is by far the best layout. Your product is well organized and easy to get to. You are easily %50+ cheaper than my LFS. It makes me pretty depressed that I didn't consider internet sales earlier for this stuff. I look forward to getting my first shipment from you guys. (tracking number says this weekend!)

The only suggestion I have is a real phone number. I know it can be difficult to staff something like that, but I almost always make a rule to never purchase from a yahoo/random internet store without either a. a good reference or b. an actual phone number where I can contact someone. Personally I think it makes the site look a lot more professional if there is a place people can call to get instant support if they need it. Fortunately enough your store was mentioned in a number of places to make me feel comfortable about ordering.

In addition, may I also suggest additional discount (or extension of the discount) to anyone who would be willing to write a store review for you on yahoo. I think right now you don't have any? That can definitely help ease the paranoia a lot of people have these days (rightfully so) of ordering from unknowns.

Thanks again for the extra 5% discount (even though I forgot to enter the coupon code) and the generous contest gift opportunity. :D

OK I feel much better thank you.

Oh one more question do you have cash money transactions or checks by mail??

Check Transaction

Wishbone - Thank you for the praise. I'm glad that you found that you like our site and took the opportunity to place an order an save yourself some money :D

We do plan to be adding phone support along with our already established email support in the upcoming months.

As far as discounts for reviews, not a half bad idea. We do have Yahoo Reviews, we have 288 reviews right now:

214 Excellent - 63 Good - 7 OK - 1 Bad - 3 Awful

However, a policy for discounts on ResellerRatings.com reviews and PriceGrabber reviews is possible in the near future. Check back on our site to see information regarding this.

FancyGuppyGuy - Sorry it's been so long since you posted. We do accept checks and money orders for orders on our site. You can place the order on our site and chose the PayPal option. In the comments box of the order write that you will be sending a check. Once the order is placed and the check or money order gets here and is cleared the order will go out immediately.

Feel free to post any other questions you guys may have, I will be checking back more frequently.

Thanks for all of your support.

Andrew

I had entered a comment in my original email that I some trouble locating heaters. I recieved a response and like magic, the heaters are now clearly visible in the directory.

It's service like this that makes the relationship between retailer and customer a valued one. Even if I do not win the contest, I will be making purchases from you.

Thanks.

JChillin

Re: Check Transaction

andrewv said:
As far as discounts for reviews, not a half bad idea. We do have Yahoo Reviews, we have 288 reviews right now:

214 Excellent - 63 Good - 7 OK - 1 Bad - 3 Awful

Oh, my fault. I couldn't find them, but then again I can never find store reviews on yahoo. Are they available to the general public?

I just wanted to let everyone know that I received my first shipment (I've actually ordered more from them as well). Everything was wrapped very well and in perfect condition. The air pump I ordered even came with a free toy attached to it! Thanks again guys for your great service.

Reviews n' Stuff

Jchillen & wishbone, I'm glad that we were able to help you guys out. Wishbone thank you for sharing your experience with us with others on this forum. Would you mind rating your experience with us on PriceGrabber.com (http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_getreview.php/retid=2806)? I would really appreciate if you would take the time to do it.

Also, I see what you're saying about the reviews, I went to look for them and I couldn't find them. It appears that because we do not pay to be included in Yahoo Shopping they withhold from showing our reviews in Yahoo Shopping. Anyway, for the sake of not being called a liar :D Here's a screenshot of what they let me see in my store manager. Kinda sucks that they tell customers that we have no reviews in their shopping program because we do not pay to join it. Oh well. Anyway, thanks guys.

aq-guys-rating.gif

hah.. no problem. Their "review" system is VERY weak. It's not just you guys I've noticed this problem with. They don't have a very good way to search for venders to read their reviews to begin with. I like the ease of use yahoo gives you, but their review system could surely use some work. I'll give you a review on price grabber when I get a moment.

That screenshot is my rating. =)

i agree ... i am extremely excited now! **crosses everything that is crossible in hopes to win!**

AquariumGuys.com Winners!

Congratulations to the two winners of the AquariumGuys.com (www.aquariumguys.com) $150 Gift Certificate Giveaway!

I’d like to thank each and every person for entering the contest and taking the time to visit our site. We ended up receiving just over 120 applications for the contest thanks to the support of Aquarium Advice.

Please continue to support both Aquarium Advice and AquariumGuys.com in the future when you need advice or parts for your aquarium. Remember, we are still offering 5% off of all orders until March 15th by using the coupon code “iloveaa” (without the quotation marks). The code is entered into the coupon field on the second page of checkout at AquariumGuys.com. I hope you’ve all had a chance to see that our items are competitively priced, usually below Petsmart and LFS and many of the other large dealers. An additional 5% should definitely give you the best price around.

Alright, alright, enough of that… I know everyone wants to know who the winners are.

So, Congratulations to Fluff and TurboTSI of AquariumAdvice Forums! Fluff won the $100 shopping spree on AquariumGuys.com and TurboTSI the $50.

Again thanks to all that joined, please continue to support AquariumGuys.com and AquariumAdvice in the future. Thanks to everyone for making this so successful.

Andrew Voudouris
AquariumGuys.com - Owner
www.aquariumguys.com

This has been an overwhelming sucess indeed. 120 applicants and two very happy winners im sure. Everyone that entered is a winner cause they are members of the best site on the planet for aquarists.

Back
Top Bottom