Aquasun T5-HO Double Light Linear Fluorescent Hoods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys! It's been a long time since I've been on the boards but I think I am going to set up my 75gal in my classroom (since its not getting any use in the garage!).
Does anyone know if this lamp can be placed on top of the glass and not hung above with those clips?
http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-AquaSun-Fluorescent-24-Inch/dp/B0002DIRAU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2N2CQRHPET54W&coliid=II8PCLHA69H3S

The reason I ask is I am putting my tank on a lab table that has cabinets above it which makes for a tight squeeze. I think it would be manageable sitting on the glass top of my aquarium but the clips might make it too tall. Any help is appreciated (especially if you know of a thinner light fixture)

They cost more but look into LED fixtures. If you are having a planted tank then PM Brian_Nano12g as he can tell you the best fixtures for planted tanks as most LED's don't have a good spectrum of red light in them. The fixtures are very slim and sit a couple inches high. If your doing a fish only tank then most LED fixtures will work as long as they aren't made for SW use.

Back
Top Bottom