aquatop cf-500uv leaking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Topix

Aquarium Advice Newbie
okay, so a few months ago i bought an aquatop cf-500uv filter. i had it set up for about a month when i realized some of the fish had the ick. so i put the fish in a hospital tank. they're doing a lot better, but im just about ready to get everything set back up. i hooked everything up properly, tank is full, canister and tubes are primed. i turn the dam thing on and it runs great. then just about when the pump has forced out just the last little bit of air bubbles, one of the locking tabs (the ones that give all the seal pressure, first ones you have to lock) starts leaking..progressively worse the longer its on. ive done just about everything i can think of, a part from taking it completely apart. if anyone has suggestions or had the same experience, please help. the only possible thing i can think of is maybe the o ring...but its soo new and i cant find anywhere online that sells those.

call the manufacturer and ask for a new o-ring they should hopefully send you one free of charge since you just bought it, but that is most likely the issue, you can also try to lubricate the o-ring with silicone lube you can get from home-depot or lowes. O-rings tend to leak when they are dry

oh and do not try to use vaseline to lube the o-ring, it will break it down over time and cause it to leak even more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom