AquaTricia 40 gal FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I added a barber shop blennie Fri still haven"t seen him , He was tiny wonder if one of the bigger fish had a snack
opps almost forgot feeding time

my goof he's a barber shop shrimp goby
725_yellowface1.jpg

very pretty fish I forgot to get him a shrinp

Also known as the high fin red banded shrimp goby. Beautiful fish, can have quite the personality when they stop hiding

He is beautiful. I had considered one of them when I read that Blenny's and gobies don't get along.
Well, we did a 60% water change and I vacuumed the sand. Water still green. Put the blanket back over the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Well, I'm almost afraid to say it. My green water is gone. I took the blanket off in the dark three days after the water change. I left the room as dark as I could and didn't turn on the tank lights. Still no green water. Tonight, I put on the actinics. The lights will ramp up in the morning and I'll see the tank in full lights for the first time in nearly a month. I will turn them off after about four hours. I still don't see the blenny. Maybe hiding in the rocks? Will do another water change, not as large in a day or two. My schedule gets really busy the middle of this next week for about a month. Water changes may be done after midnight. Too soon to celebrate?

good to hear (y) bet you were stoked when you open the tank ,
I know that's a big sigh of relief , that was a hard battle but you stood strong ,
hope your blennie is ok , just hiding from all the excitement ,
it's time to sit back and relax take a breather time to rest time to regroup ,

you have a lot to do so take some time for you and breath let the tank take small breaths too, do what you need to do as I'm sure it's important ,
work in the tank when you can with small wc just don't overwhelm yourself
remember the tank saw that battle too and needs time to recover ,
Don't burn the candle from both ends , take things slow and both the tank and what you have in your schedule will work out fine just don't over do it

I'm sorry it's taken so long to respond, but I wanted to make sure the tank stayed clear which it has. no blenny though. Puffer and shrimp are doing well. my granddaughter and I ordered a an ORA Sunrise Dottyback and an Assessor Basslet last night. They will be here tomorrow. Hope that's not a mistake. Will do a water change today to get ready.

Those are 2 nice looking fish I don't see a issue the 40b is 3ft so its not like it has a small foot print , the only difference between your 40 and my 90 besides gallons is mine is a foot longer and 9 inches taller and the width is identical to your 40 ,
I have basslets and dotty backs they'll do fine as theirs plenty of hiding spots,
good news finally got rid of my large goldfish and large pleco , now my 40B is vacant , waiting for me to empty and clean it so I can add my predators to it , this will give them lots more swimming room than my 37g bowfront , I'm stoked
glad the mean green is gone I know how annoying it is , I just added a algae scrubber to my sump , thinking about the green out break gave me the idea of rigging it up it's not pretty but it works , I got bored still needs a few modification as it sounds like a toilet running lol, but I do notice a big difference as my nitrates and phosphate seem to be more stable,

Didn't mean to scare you with the green water, but it's better to take precautions than go thru what I did.
Glad for your 40b. I wish I had a 90, but after what happened with me, that would have been more than I could handle.
Yeah, I'm anxious to get my new little critters. I hope it works out. If my blenny doesn't make a showing in the next couple or 3 weeks, I will order another.
I emptied my 37g tall freshwater tank by relocating the fish that were in there into another tank. Will finish cleaning it and a friend wants it. With it being a tall, on a stand, it was just too much to care for anymore. I had to stand on a ladder and go up and down and spilled tons of water on the floor to clean up. Glad for this.

check around the tank they do like to jump , they will find the smallest hole either where you have a filter notched in cover so it fits and so on , found my goby in sump again

Two new fish on board! Dottyback keeps lunging at the Assessor, but the Assessor is not taking any crap. They're beautiful. Was worried because they arrived by UPS who left them on the porch. It was 86 degrees outside. Good thing I kept checking and found them. When I opened the box up there was this one 4x4 ice pack completely melted. My granddaughter and I were really worried they were dead. The Dottyback was fine at the end of acclimation, but the assessor appeared weak. He seems ok now though.

any pictures , oh I bet your granddaughter was excited , I sit and watch my fish for hours thinking what to do next , making out a rough draft of what to order I do this monthly insane right , with all I spent I could have bought a few new cars , or even pay off a big chunk of the mortgage ,

Yes, Anna was excited. She says the Assessor is her fish. He's out all the time. Actinics on now and she can still watch him.
After I got the fish in the tank, I started planning my next move, just like you do. Except that my mortgage is paid. But I bet I could buy a few cars, too, with what I've spent. Wouldn't change a thing. :dance:

Milky green water again. This is ridiculous! Every time I add fish? I changed the filter media and the skimmer. It has gotten progressively worse. I use Ro/di from my own unit with filters only 2 months old. I guess I have to go dark again. Will I ever get o watch my fish play?

Back
Top Bottom