Aqueon Kit Betta Falls???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it belongs.... no where. I hate that thing.

For starters, not much space for each fish. Ugh ugh ugh. No way to heat it that I can see.

And the waterfall feature is just too much for bettas. Please don't get that thing. Also one of the reviews (I'm reading some of them now) said it sucks away their food.

Even if you could keep the fish healthy, they wouldn't be very active and might hate the current.

A lot of people like a betta the Marineland/tetra crescent in 3 and 5 gallons. particularly with plants. The filter has a low setting, the light is ok for certain easy plants, all you need is a 50w heater with a thermostat ($10 ish on amazon).

With the filter, in a cycled tank, I have to do a 50% water change each week to keep nitrates down, with plants and just a betta. Later once I got better with plants and the tank was really really full of them, it's been staying healthier without the filter and with fewer water changes.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Trennamw and dragon14 thanks for the responses! I think that's kind of what I needed to hear.
I don't think I had ever heard that betts don't like a strong current, or maybe I had and just forgot, but that's really good to know.
Trennamw-I've read some reviews that people seem to like the Marineland/tetra crescent in 3 and 5 gallons but complain that the filter is way too big. Have you had a problem with that? Also, does it have a lid or top? I heard bettas can be jumpers and it's best to have a covered tank? Thanks again.

You're welcome! :) I like to help inform people and I love to see a betta in a proper home, and properly taken care of, which in my opinion is 5g+, but 3-4g is ok too in my opinion.

They are awful and not healthy at all for fish. The biggest issues are the current is too strong, not enough room to keep 1 betta healthy let alone 3, they can see each other so they are in a constant state of stress, and the filter sucks. Also if one gets sick, they all do.......much like large pet store chains who have all their tanks on 1 filter. Dont get one if you want healthy fish. I would get a 5 gallon Marineland kit for a betta.

They are awful and not healthy at all for fish. The biggest issues are the current is too strong, not enough room to keep 1 betta healthy let alone 3, they can see each other so they are in a constant state of stress, and the filter sucks. Also if one gets sick, they all do.......much like large pet store chains who have all their tanks on 1 filter. Dont get one if you want healthy fish. I would get a 5 gallon Marineland kit for a betta.

Well said!! :)

You guys are awesome. If there is anything I want, it's for my fish to all be healthy and happy. I'll find a different tank for my next betta. Thanks!

Dose anyone have opinions if you we're to keep shrimp in it?

Sent from my iPod touch 4th generation using Aquarium Advice app

I don't know much at all about shrimp keeping, at least not yet, but, I wouldn't think it would be ideal for shrimp either.

Might make a good pen or desk caddy though... shouldn't be used for fish or any living creature in my opinion...

The biggest problem I see with this is that if bettas feel a flow of water over a ledge they will follow it. Its how they get around between puddles that they can he found in. I ran into this trying to keep a betta in a hob breeder box for a little while.

I imagine you can figure out why it would be a bad thing if one betta followed the flow to a lower tank....

The biggest problem I see with this is that if bettas feel a flow of water over a ledge they will follow it. Its how they get around between puddles that they can he found in. I ran into this trying to keep a betta in a hob breeder box for a little while.

I imagine you can figure out why it would be a bad thing if one betta followed the flow to a lower tank....

You tube rice patty fish....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom