Are jack dempsey cichlids aggressive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh thanks so much my kribs have already paired though do I still take them back and by the way my parents are going to be mad as heck ill be lucky if I get to take them back.

Oh thanks so much my kribs have already paired though do I still take them back and by the way my parents are going to be mad as heck ill be lucky if I get to take them back.

No matter, Kribs will re-pair with other Kribs if separated.

My advice is plan everything out, have an entire list perfectly prepared of what you want for the tank and present t to them, that the fish will survive long term and that you won't need to replace them as much (if stocked correctly and properly cared for)

Ok do you think I should get the fish that I'm taking out and put them in bowls I've done this before so I know how to keep them alive and when they get home if they say yes the fish will be easier to get and bag.

Ok do you think I should get the fish that I'm taking out and put them in bowls I've done this before so I know how to keep them alive and when they get home if they say yes the fish will be easier to get and bag.

No. I'm saying don't rush right into it, take back the JD for now, and wait on the others, make your list, research research research! Online is beautiful thing, not just asking a forum ;) putting them in bowls, then going to the fish store and swapping them out for more impulse buys is not the right away to go about things

Very Aggressive? Compared to what, a platy or a molly? They are not pushovers, but calling them very aggressive makes me think you haven't exactly been around the block when it comes to SA/CA.

I've seen some pretty tough mollies lol

Why is my jack dempsey so light though I see dark ones most of the time?

Do they get mor aggressive as they get older?

I dint think the aggression gets worse i do believe that they will resort to size over all if the jd is bigger then the newer fish then be prepared to have problems once the jd establishes the tank as his territory he might push over the other fish just my opinion try introducing him with a divider in the tank to save taking him back to the store

I dint think the aggression gets worse i do believe that they will resort to size over all if the jd is bigger then the newer fish then be prepared to have problems once the jd establishes the tank as his territory he might push over the other fish just my opinion try introducing him with a divider in the tank to save taking him back to the store

Not necessarily, even if the jd was 10" and someone tried to put in a 6" grammode. I would put my money on the grammode XD

Not anymore I don't have him anymore. And btw he was doing great in the ten happy as could be.

Why is my jack dempsey so light though I see dark ones most of the time?

I think it has something to do with their moods. I had 3 JD when i started out and two were lighter as opposed to one who was really dark most of the time. My fish guys told me its normal. As long as they are active and eating , i wouldnt worry.

Back
Top Bottom