Are my Bolivian rams female or male?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They look fairly juvenile. Have they just been added to your aquarium they normally take a little while to be comfortable and settled to show their colors. normally you can't really tell till they mature a bit.

Yeah iv only had them 4days got them off a breeder if there the same sex will they kill each other was reading that they have to be in mating pairs ?

I have german blue rams which are very similar and got them very young at the point where I thought they were both female. One became a bully and made the other very stressed. Turns out the victim was a male and they've now paired up 3 months after I first got them and are laying eggs!
Because they're so young they should be ok as they will grow up together if they're both female it shouldn't be a problem but if they're both male then they may have to be separated later on. What is your tank size and stocking that you have them in?
Because they're young if they're opposite sex they should pair up naturally or atleast there is a greater chance that way.

Am new to keeping fish only had my tank a month at the min only got two rams two guppy and a few mollies not shaw of the size I'll attach a pick

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406463560.822817.jpg

Looks like a 20 long... Measure it out and then multiply the numbers together to get cubic inches.

Then google search cubic inches to gallons and that is how many gallons you have. :)

Do I measure the length and hight?

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom