Are my new fish ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. How big of a water change would I do? And I assume I.should test it everyday?

25% so if its a 14g then do a 3.5 to 4g change. Yes test everyday no matter what unless of course your unable too. Testing everyday with that kit and it will last around 3 years

Anytime your ammonia or nitrite goes above .25ppm you need to do a WC BUT how much water you have to change out depends on how high your readings are. If you have a reading of .5ppm ammonia in your tank you want to do a 50% WC to lower it by half. In general a 50% WC is always best and if you have a reading that goes really high you might once again have to do a 50% WC, wait a couple hours and do another one. There is no set amount of water to change since it all depends on what your readings are.

Anytime your ammonia or nitrite goes above .25ppm you need to do a WC BUT how much water you have to change out depends on how high your readings are. If you have a reading of .5ppm ammonia in your tank you want to do a 50% WC to lower it by half. In general a 50% WC is always best and if you have a reading that goes really high you might once again have to do a 50% WC, wait a couple hours and do another one. There is no set amount of water to change since it all depends on what your readings are.

One more question. Should I test the water around the aame time everyday?

Test and take the appropriate action is my advice. If you get a 0.25 reading you can leave the pwc that day but once you get a reading of 0.5 or higher immediately do a pwc. Eventually you will start to see a nitrite reading then a nitrate reading as the cycle moves along.

I have a correction to me made um I just did the high range pH just cause I was curious and the pH is actually 8.4 is it okay

I have a correction to me made um I just did the high range pH just cause I was curious and the pH is actually 8.4 is it okay

The fish will adjust to ph but high ph tends to mean there is more ammonia in the water with a 0.5 reading of ammonium so it's crucial you do a pwc if you get a 0.5 reading.

Ok if its at 0.25 you should be ok today. Test again tomorrow. I presume nitrites still 0?

Your tank is fine for now. Just retest tomorrow and if its a bit off, go ahead and do a water change

Back
Top Bottom