Are plants hard to take care of?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have water wisteria, windelov java fern and petite anubias nana, the care is minimal actually. I like water wisteria because it grows to the top but doesn't take over your aquarium. You'll have to trim a little bit but not that much.

Petite anubias nana is expensive but it looks really nice just on top of your substrate.

The extra effort is worth it. It's natural, provides more filtration, plus your fish can actually tell. Go for it!

Three things to always remember about plants... Light, fertilizer and substrate... For best results and high efficiency go for high output plant lights, iron enriched substrate and liquid fertilizer... I recommend the seachem line of products... The extra money it costs is worth it so you are not getting dead plants...

Planted tanks can be as simple or high tech as you want. If you want to use the lights you have now you need to post what they are and what type bulbs. They will "probably" be suitable for low light tolerant plants such as Anubia, Java Ferns, Bolbitus, and Crypts. Research those plants and their requirements and see what you would need to have them in your tank. You can't get much easier than that to start. Then you can upgrade lighting and plants later on if you want.

Back
Top Bottom