Are there any apistogrammas which would NOT be appropriate for this situation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kindafishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
The tank is 17g (64L). I am planning to do a species tank, with just a pair of fish (possibly apistos, they are on my short list).

My fish choices are limited here, but I sometimes do run across apistos. Are there any that I should look out for that would NOT be appropriate for my situation (small tank, living as a pair)?

I don't have any inclination towards one variety or another, but would simply like to know the ones I should avoid, should my LFS happen to have some sort of apisto in their tanks...

Thanks! :D

Thanks for your response, but what I meant was are there any varieties of apisto that would be inappropriate (too large or don't live well in a pair) for my small cube tank and what I have planned for it.

I am not looking for a type of fish to live with apistos. I am only planning on a pair of apistos and would like to know of any types to avoid, given my set-up.

kindafishy said:
Thanks for your response, but what I meant was are there any varieties of apisto that would be inappropriate (too large or don't live well in a pair) for my small cube tank and what I have planned for it.

I am not looking for a type of fish to live with apistos. I am only planning on a pair of apistos and would like to know of any types to avoid, given my set-up.

Ok.
I think all apistos should be fine so long as they have enough floor space.

Back
Top Bottom