are these eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DannyBWell

Aquarium Advice Activist
The only fish I have in the tank that can lay eggs are my zebra danio glofish and cant tell if these are eggs or what it is

ForumRunner_20130720_002203.jpg

ForumRunner_20130720_002220.jpg

That doesn't really look like eggs to me. But whatever there is there's loads of it. Hopefully someone else will chime in and correct me

That doesn't really look like eggs to me. But whatever there is there's loads of it. Hopefully someone else will chime in and correct me

Ya I dont think they are egss either but I have no idea what it is

looks like a fungus... what are the tank parameters? size, water change schedule, ammo/trate/tripe/ph? temp? hours of light a day, inhabitants, foods

looks like a fungus... what are the tank parameters? size, water change schedule, ammo/trate/tripe/ph? temp? hours of light a day, inhabitants, foods

15g column l, normal ph and ammo and nitrates, light is on for 10 hours guppys and zebra danios water changes every week temp is 78- 79 and normal flake food

its not eggs it looks like a mold/fungus it happens usually when there is uneaten food on the bottom

+1 to a mold/ fungus.
Glo fish/Danio eggs don't look like that. They are individual eggs with no connection to the other eggs.
To me, looks like a case of leftover food or detritus that has become a food source for your " Blob". :eek: I'd suggest you get out the vaccuum and clear that all out. Reduce your feeding amount per feeding to keep this from happening again.
Hope this helps (y)

Back
Top Bottom