arowana but smalller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mii

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
arowanas (specifically asian arowana) are like my dream fish but there's no way i'll afford that tank size any time soon (also the fish itself would be pretty expensive too) so i was wondering if there's a similar looking fish that's a bit smaller. so far the best options i've seen are african butterfly fish, which have a very arowana like head, but the shorter body, larger fins, and less uniform colors make them look less sleek and elegant. and golden wonder killifish, which have a very arowana like body but not the head. maybe i'm being too picky though and i can't find anything more arowana-like without just waiting until i'm older and just get a real arowana

Celebes halfbeak- get around 3" looks pretty similar

They're not wrong with the golden wonder killifish idea 4"

Any short tailed version of giant betta 5"

Senegal bichir- 14" fancy snake like body

Asian Arowanas are endangered and banned in the U.S. Many other Arowana species are endangered or threatened. They also require a very large tank to keep humanely - like 500 gallons. I suggest you find another fish species to keep.

That's what they're trying to look for, a substitute that looks like an arrowana but smaller.

Back
Top Bottom