Arowana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattefect

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys plz could any of you just out as much information on arowana fish. Thanks

If your asking what information we can give you about Arowana's .... I don't have one but I can tell you they get BIG ... so forget anything smaller than 125gal ... IMO.

they are by far one of my most favourite fish...my friend had them in a 600 gallon tank swimming around an ancient Chinese city...they really looked like dragons swimming around in the sky :p...

even though these fish are unbelievably beautiful and awesome to watch chasing live prey...they do grow very quickly...you will need a very LARGE tank to house them...they will grow to be about 2'...and some of their species are protected because they are endangered

So nothing less than a 125 g tank as what do they eat or anything more than tank size ?

my friend feeds hers live baby koi (they come from her pond so she knows they are safe and very fat), crickets, prawns, bloodworms...i am not sure if she feed them anything else

I wasn't near thinking of buying 1 I know nothing bout them. If I wanted to get 1 I would do months of research. So no buying for me

Oh and bruin thanks for the link helped alot :) got some new knowledge on arowana's

try 4 feet long and amazing jumpers. I wouldn't put one in anything less than an 8 foot tank. Even then it's a bit unfair - just like black pacus. These fish swim - as in always. A large cichlid can be happy as a clam in a 125 as most big ones are all about economy of motion (not including the peacock bass family). Arrowanas just keep swimming.

Back
Top Bottom