Artificially Hatching Angelfish (Specimen Container Method)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey guys, quick question seeing you guys know a lot about breeding, my angelfish laid eggs on Sunday and a few minutes ago she ate all the eggs that are not white and now I only have white ones, did she just make a mistake or will she learn better?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey guys, quick question seeing you guys know a lot about breeding, my angelfish laid eggs on Sunday and a few minutes ago she ate all the eggs that are not white and now I only have white ones, did she just make a mistake or will she learn better?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The white ones are non fertile. Unfortunately she ate the viable eggs. Many factors can cause them to eat eggs, stress,first spawn being most common. If you plan to raise angles I suggest using a slate and pulling it several hours after the spawn to artificially rear.

Just wanted to update and say this is definitely my preferred method of hatching them out artificially now. Did a second spawn with this method and the hatch rate and mortality levels were awesome.

I like this method for a couple of reasons;

1. I don't kill my biological filter with Methylene blue

2. High hatch rates

3. Low mortality rates

4. It's just really convenient

I did change it up some. I use parent water from the tank the pair spawned in for the container and before I release the fry in the 10 gallon tank to grow for their first month I drip acclimate them.

Indeed and thanks Andy! I learned from the best ;)

Gee, I wouldn;t say I'm the best....okay..... ONE of the best. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I showed the pics of my setup so far to the local pet shop ( local, lol, 45 minutes away from me :facepalm: ) and his reactions were " I guess you were serious when you said you were going to breed Angels." and when I showed him the pics of all the tanks..." Oh boy, you are one of those Go BIG or GO HOME types. lol I can't wait for your fish!!!!!" :D

Gee, I wouldn;t say I'm the best....okay..... ONE of the best. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I showed the pics of my setup so far to the local pet shop ( local, lol, 45 minutes away from me :facepalm: ) and his reactions were " I guess you were serious when you said you were going to breed Angels." and when I showed him the pics of all the tanks..." Oh boy, you are one of those Go BIG or GO HOME types. lol I can't wait for your fish!!!!!" :D

That's awesome. I gotta admit I was like "wow" when I saw the building go up.

Things have been butter smooth here lately. Angels and fry are doing very well, now if only they could get my endlers and guppies to get going....... The livebearer front has gone real slow since fall.

Back
Top Bottom