Assistance Reading API Freshwater Results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If making homemade food is not feasible (its actually ALOT simpler than it sounds!), atleast look into purchasing them some quality food. Hikari (saki or lionhead) and NLS are available on amazon & ebay as well as numerous other retailers. Add daily plain cooked veggies as well.

Well, as I said, with our very ill dog right now who takes tons of medications and is on a strict diet himself that my wife prepares, it's just not possible to prepare food for the fish right now -- but I will definitely look to order the Hikari...is the Lionhead food okay for all fancy goldies? Do they make a flake food as well?

In respect to adding another fish, you have to keep in mind the fish you have will grow. A full grown moor can reach a foot in length and almost as big around as a coffee can- a 60g tank would be fully stocked with just a single full grown moor. Granted, this is not the norm but an exception based on the fish having ample water and a good diet from babyhood. If you want to keep the water changes to once a week, stock less fish to avoid water quality problems. Hope this helps! :)

Gotcha. Our theory and belief was steeped in the possibility that the fish we have will grow, thus keeping less will fully load a 60 gallon easily when they're nearing full growth...

Your assistance continues to.....well....assist, definitely! Thank you.

Hikari saki or lionhead is fine for everyone! I actually feed both to some of my guys (none are lionheads) while others get homemade food in addition to a variety of other foods. Hikari does not make flake food for goldies- its a poor choice for fish that are prone to swimbladder issues. Good luck with everything! :)

Back
Top Bottom