asterina starfish?? And other green thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick862

Aquarium Advice Activist
I think this is a asterina starfish but wanted to be sure, any clues? And the other looks like a spikey slug thing on the coral, the other one is a picture of a Flatworm on the glass? R they good? Thanks for any help

Attachments

• image-3572919116.jpg
    image-3572919116.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 127
  • image-3790987288.jpg
    image-3790987288.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3820912841.jpg
    image-3820912841.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 115
Also what is that coral? A friend gave it to me and I can't seem to ID it. Thanks

Coral is a Palythoa.

1. If that's an asterina, it's the biggest one I've ever seen. Not sure what it is, but I don't think it's an asterina.

2. Flatworm... again, seems pretty big for a flatworm. Is it flat? Or does it have any "meat" to it. Almost looks like a stomatella, but can't really tell with that picture. Flatworm = bad. Stomatella = good.

3. Thing on coral - hard to tell, but I'm going to guess it's some type of nudibranch. Only reason I say that is because it seems to be doing a very good job of camouflaging itself and looks an awful lot like the head of the Palythoa. Nudibranches are absolute masters of camouflaging themselves to look like what they live on. Seeing that the Palythoas are partially closed up, I'm guessing it's irritating them (if not downright eating them) and I'd remove it if it's possible. You've probably got more than one.

Thanks, I'll try to get a better picture of the flat worm if that is what it is, although I have lots of these at half the size that flap about. No meat as you Described just flat.

Thanks for the answers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom