At Long Last.... Sydney's Rimless Tank Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh and I forgot to mention, I think I'd vote for putting the frosty clear background on your tank. You can even be creative and add a small light behind it to create a sunrise effect.

Here's how the clear contact paper looks on our 60F.
Brian, that tank is looking amazing! Love the sunrise!

I have decided I will go with 1 male or a m/f pair of peacock gudgeons for the last residents of the tank :) it was either that or a sparkling gourami.... But I am going to redo my 25g tank soon and would like to add a group in that tank :)

nice! I really like how the peacock gobys look. What do you mean with the HOB filter? I have had a planted tank with a HOB filter, if that is what you are asking.

Sidney,
There's an old thread that had a good post with pictures here in the planted tank section.
I'm talking like back in Sept or Oct. It showed the plants growing out of the top of the HOB. Very pretty. As I fool around in here, I'll see if I can find it for you. OS

Sidney, The old post about planted HOB's is back on page 31 of old post. I tried to bump it up but it must be too old. Here's the title.
tag.png
DIY hob riparium journal.
It looks like MMantelli and Rivercats are your go to people on these. OS.

Sidney,
There's an old thread that had a good post with pictures here in the planted tank section.
I'm talking like back in Sept or Oct. It showed the plants growing out of the top of the HOB. Very pretty. As I fool around in here, I'll see if I can find it for you. OS

Thanks, I will look for it to.

Plants came it so tank is filled. Will not buy from this seller again. One reason is because he forgot the Repens. Anyways, a picture. Also the filter is making a terrible noise, any tips on making it quiet?? I can't sleep with this thing on.

Attachments

• image-1694131748.jpg
    image-1694131748.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3157265123.jpg
    image-3157265123.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 90
Seller is being cool and we're figuring stuff out.

Anyways, filter is making a TERRIBLE noise! Will take the filter apart and see if I can find anything.

Question - it's safe to superglue the Anubias Nana Petite to the wood, right? (Which still isn't here, should be if it was shipped Saturday) Each plant is SOO tiny, I could never tie it to the wood. Also, it should grow a but larger, correct? I can get a pic later.

Seller is being cool and we're figuring stuff out.

Anyways, filter is making a TERRIBLE noise! Will take the filter apart and see if I can find anything.

Question - it's safe to superglue the Anubias Nana Petite to the wood, right? (Which still isn't here, should be if it was shipped Saturday) Each plant is SOO tiny, I could never tie it to the wood. Also, it should grow a but larger, correct? I can get a pic later.

Regarding the noisy HOB, hopefully the tips on the other thread you are following will resolve this.
I believe using super glue is okay. Did you try very fine fishing line or thread?
Yes, the plants will get larger.

Take the impeller shaft out and put a dab of petroleum jelly on it. Sometimes the lids on the aquaclears make a lot of noise, too. Try just taking the lid off and see if it quiets down.

In regards to the super glue, it is fine to use, as long as you know for sure that's where you want it. ;) Make sure to use the gel type.

Will try that with the impeller in the morning, thanks, Bill.

I got some Hygro Brown, AR Mini, Abubias Nana Petite and some other stem plants I am not sure of the ID. The S. Repens was not included in the box, so the seller and I are figuring out what happened, shipping more out, maybe a refund, we'll see. So far not off to the best start.. Hopefully it gets better.

Will try that with the impeller in the morning, thanks, Bill.

I got some Hygro Brown, AR Mini, Abubias Nana Petite and some other stem plants I am not sure of the ID. The S. Repens was not included in the box, so the seller and I are figuring out what happened, shipping more out, maybe a refund, we'll see. So far not off to the best start.. Hopefully it gets better.

I have seen S. repens sold at PetSmart in the Topfin gel packs. Might give that a try.

Driftwood is here! :) Glut is here as well. It had a little vial of stuff with it, I assume you mix it in with the jug? Also, 1 ml / gallon, right?

Attachments

• image-4000349615.jpg
    image-4000349615.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 62
  • image-2828108006.jpg
    image-2828108006.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom