ATO with no sump options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donniea1800

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey I have a 50 gallon tank that is running without a sump. Yes I definitely would set up a sump if I had it to do over, but for now I have to run sumpless. I would like an ATO because I am getting tired and manually filling the tank and I will be going out of town soon.

What ATO would work directly on the tank with no sump? I looked at autotopoff.com and they have an in tank solution. Anyone have these?

Also what pump would i need? It will be pumped from the floor to the tank which is about 5 feet. I wanted to use a 5 gallon water jug for the container which will limit what size pump I can fit through the opening of the container. Anybody know of a small pump that may work? I was looking at the aqualifter but I dont think it will pump up the 5 ft to the tank.

Thank you.

I will take a look. Do you think it will fit through the opening of a 5 gallon water jug or would I need a different container?

Different container. Like a bucket. I drilled a hole in my lid and have the hose running through.

I'm a budget reefer, so the Tunze and JBL options are a bit much for me. I bought a Aqua Lifter and I use a light timer, about $8. I mix Kalk in 7 gallons, and top off with airline tubing and a little plastic valve. It runs for about 15 minutes twice a day, and the valve just barely drips. It does take a couple of days to really lock it in, and since evaporation rates vary its not exact, but it works for me.

Back
Top Bottom