Attaching anubias to driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigMac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got 2 anubias I also have a driftwood centerpiece that I think will look great with the plants attached. So, how do I get the anubias to attach and grow on the driftwood? First thing, should I trim all the roots or leave the roots that are already 2-3"?

You can use fishing line.. It's super transparent and hard to see if you tie it up right. You can also tie up some java moss to help conceal.

I tried rubber bands and wound up switching it to thread, I like the thread much better because it tends to start to break down on it's own after time and doesn't dig into the plant like the rubber bands did.

ashleynicole said:
I tried rubber bands and wound up switching it to thread, I like the thread much better because it tends to start to break down on it's own after time and doesn't dig into the plant like the rubber bands did.

+1. I love brown/black/green thread. Change the color depending on what you're tying :) you can't see any of my like spindle of thread in my tank hahah.

Do you tie the main part of the plant, the stem thingy or do you tie the roots?

CraigMac said:
Do you tie the main part of the plant, the stem thingy or do you tie the roots?

Tie the base of the plant, the part that will be touching the DW around it. Loose but tight enough.

Back
Top Bottom