Attaching Coralife Light Fixtures to Canopy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mdakotared

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a LFS purchased wood canopy for my 55 gal. FW planted tank. In addition, I also have 2 Coralife 2-28Watt light fixtures that are currently lying on top of the existing tank frame. I would like to attach these fixtures to the underside of the canopy's top, to aid in reducing heat build-up and increase light coverage. I believe the fixtures would be suspended approximately 3" (max.) above the water surface. The Coralife light fixtures feature bent wire supports that aid in keeping the lights out of the water by increasing the width of the fixture, when extended. What do ya'll think is the best method for attaching the light fixtures to the canopy? Utilize the wire supports in some way?:confused: TIA!

Attachments

• BlackLoachjpg.jpg
    BlackLoachjpg.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 100
Wrong Picture

Well, I guess you are correct. I meant to attach the photo for general interest. I'll post a more appropriate pic next time.

did you ever figure out how to install the lights? I'm in the same situation and want to install the lights to my canopy.

Back
Top Bottom