Attaching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool now is there a bonding agent to attach java moss....when I bought my dw it had green stuff that I thought was algae but it looks like it was put on to attach java moss to it any ideas

I've heard of people using super glue. I've yet to try it personally, but I am going to this weekend. I had some fishing line come off of two java ferns that I had attached to dw just this week. Reefers use it all the time, so it's aquarium safe. Just not sure of a specific brand to buy. Haven't looked into that yet.

I have grown mine on rocks attaching with fishing line...I have wondered if the plant would get some nutrients if we attach it to wood?

xfactor6699 said:
Cool now is there a bonding agent to attach java moss....when I bought my dw it had green stuff that I thought was algae but it looks like it was put on to attach java moss to it any ideas

That's the green stuff I'm talking about anybody else seen this before

Tie it in the rock or piece of wood, a month or so later if the plant is growing well, the plant itself will attach to the surface with little specialized roots or leaf structures. I use green cotton thread which slowly dissolves under water. By the time the thread is gone the plant is well attached.

rich311k said:
Tie it in the rock or piece of wood, a month or so later if the plant is growing well, the plant itself will attach to the surface with little specialized roots or leaf structures. I use green cotton thread which slowly dissolves under water. By the time the thread is gone the plant is well attached.

Do u know what that green stuff in the pic might be

Its not algae its only where the java is attached to the dw... Its real hard too

Back
Top Bottom