Attempt at moss wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So guys, it's been 4days since my last pic. I do think i see increased growth on the wall. Can't wait to see it all filled in!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425035434.339668.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425035468.142364.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425035491.894635.jpg

Sent per three-eyed raven..

This will be nice once it fills in. And if for some reason if you need to remove it, it appears that you can.
I once had an "unintentional" moss wall in my tank. More like patches than a wall. A clump of moss (Java?) was growing near the wall of the tank and starting clinging to it. It got out of hand, lacked uniformity, and started invading the stem plants so after growing for about a year I ripped it out in one swoop. Here are some pics. Top view of the moss...ignore the red; that's just dead algae.
5Pz9SEF.jpg
Uf6ZMEf.jpg
cGH0ukz.jpg
There are still traces of it growing in my tank today.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I love the look! I would have kept it! :D yeah very easy to get out again! I'm trying to post pics every 5 days. I like to record progress and evaluate it haha

I love the look! I would have kept it! :D yeah very easy to get out again! I'm trying to post pics every 5 days. I like to record progress and evaluate it haha

It was patchy and regular trimming would have given it better shape but all of the stray moss tends to grow in places you don't want it to. Plus, it was bunched up near the filter intake and would attract snails which would end up stuck on the intake grill.
If I ever do a wall (or carpet) will set it up like you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'll keep posting pics, so maybe you can tell me when it's a good time to prune? I'm new to mosses. This is x-mass moss btw. But i'm betting you knew that already!

Yea two meshes tied togheter, found in the sewing department. Tightly interlocked them..

Love moss projects! I have two 2 x 2" mats of flame moss along with a java moss ledge in my 4g, can't wait til they start filling in more.

Enjoying the progress pics. Very motivating. Thank you.

Keep going, please. :)

Keeping my sleeves wet...
Sent via Carrier Goldfish

I'll try to keep up and post updates every 5-7 days from now on (unless something really spectacular happens). I really like all your enthousiasm (I am quite enthusiasic myself).
Before I started this i went looking for moss wall timelapses myself. But I only found a few, and they were taken on a monthly basis. That's basically the main reason behind this topic :D

Awesome! I just noticed some upwards growth on my flame moss mats, definitely going to start doing pics.

Nice! May I ask what you're dosing in your tank?

Right now just root tabs for the pygmy chain swords and Flourish Comp.

As was promised: some update pics. I don't really notice that much growth this time. But maybe it's just me! Anyways, here they are! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425646534.112563.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425646552.382597.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425646568.791413.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425646585.323923.jpg
The picture with the dirty glass was before my weekly water change. Rest was after!

I thought I'd just post some tank pics as well. :D ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425646965.028309.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425646996.007149.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425647022.559026.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425647068.426863.jpg
Just for the sake of it haha :D

Another update! I think the moss has grown quite a bit this time!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426254453.625342.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426254474.968748.jpg

It's coming along and looking good I might add.

I may have missed this in the thread, but what kind of moss are you using?

Back
Top Bottom