Attempt at moss wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Slavo! It's x-mass moss actually. In case you haven't noticed yet, I do these updates on a weekly basis. And will continue to do so :)

Sent per three-eyed raven..

It's looking real good!
Just wondering if you're dosing CO2 or just ferts.

@nygbrian9, just dosing liquid co2 (easylife - easycarbo). Thanks for the intrest in this thread guys! :) very motivating for me to keep this thread alive.

Looks really nice. I like the look of the x mass moss. Following.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In hindsight, a mesh with smaller hashing might have worked better, as what you have would block a significant amount of the light. Also, it's a super pain to work with because it likes to float (or at least the mesh I got when I tried to do this did).

Absolutely right! But this was the only mesh I could find nearby! Also the mesh is clipped to the glass..

I have a small lamp that clips onto the aquarium glass. I simply shoced the mesh under it as well :)

Another week, another update. I believe it's getting there, slowly :D
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426857250.781625.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426857280.093871.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426857302.415900.jpg

Looks good!

I've noticed more growth on my moss projects, maybe because I've actually been remembering to dose ferts :whistle:

Nice growth! It'll be sweet when it's all filled out :)

BTW - I don't mean to hijack your thread, but what are your thoughts on using this to grow moss on? I picked it up at Home Depot yesterday thinking it would be cool to try.

Attachments

• image_9.jpeg
    image_9.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 99
That's pieces of mosquito-net right?as long as it's not a material that might rust, it will be fine. Are you gonna squeeze it in between two layers or?

Haha en Theresa, remember: ferts are the key to success :D

That's pieces of mosquito-net right?as long as it's not a material that might rust, it will be fine. Are you gonna squeeze it in between two layers or?

Good point, I have to check the exact type of material/metal before using it.

As far as how I'm thinking of attaching the moss, I'm not sure. I was actually thinking about super gluing it. I saw a thread on TPT, where a guy glued Christmas moss to driftwood and such; he along with other says it's fish/shrimp safe. Plus it's a third of the price of Seachem's Flourish Glue. So I might give this a try.

Edit: I just checked and these screen patches are made of aluminum. Upon further research, it seems aluminum doesn't rust, but is does succumb to corrosion after a long time of exposure to the elements. But...this thread seems to advise against it: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/using-aluminum-in-my-tank-122298.html

Last edited:
I've heard of that method as well! Give it a try and let me know!

i went and bought the holey plastic stuff but no one had suction cups in stock im just gonna use my java moss maybe it will keep ot off my filter intake. in the meantime i got it in a breeder box so i will have alot to put between the plastic once i get suction cups

Suction cups yes.. Such an easy item to find you would think.. Yet no supermarket carries 'em lol!

Back
Top Bottom