Attention!! Need help asap from co2 diyers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dizzydea

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can this phosban reactor he used as a co2 reactor? And what do I put in it? Bio balls are out of the question because I can't get them here. I bought a Red Sea reactor but I hate it! It's to noisy and I don't like the way it diffuses. I also have an atomizer to attach as we'll.

Attachments

• image-1767128584.jpg
    image-1767128584.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 103
C'mon people :)
You could use it as a reactor but the barb fitting for the co2 line looks a little large. You'd also have to put the input on top and output on bottom assuming your using a canister and not just hooking it up to a powerhead in the tank.

Can this phosban reactor he used as a co2 reactor? And what do I put in it? Bio balls are out of the question because I can't get them here. I bought a Red Sea reactor but I hate it! It's to noisy and I don't like the way it diffuses. I also have an atomizer to attach as we'll.

Sorry just realized your input and outflow are both on top and yes that would be fairly easy to make into a reactor

If you do not have a spot for co2 tubing to go through drill one. Make it 4-5 inches long push it through the hole and seal around it. Leave a few inches of tubing on the outside of the reactor and install your check valve there. Put your outflow on the elbow attachment the pulls the water from the bottom and your intake on the straight barb fitting.the water from the outflow will push the bottoms down and chop them up. When your co2 bubbles are not buoyant enough to float they will get sucked into your intake and pushed into your tank. I've never used that type of phosphate reactor so I'm just assuming that's how it works. But since you've probably know how the reactor is supposed to work for its designed purpose you should be able to verify :)

If you do not have a spot for co2 tubing to go through drill one. Make it 4-5 inches long push it through the hole and seal around it. Leave a few inches of tubing on the outside of the reactor and install your check valve there. Put your outflow on the elbow attachment the pulls the water from the bottom and your intake on the straight barb fitting.the water from the outflow will push the bottoms down and chop them up. When your co2 bubbles are not buoyant enough to float they will get sucked into your intake and pushed into your tank. I've never used that type of phosphate reactor so I'm just assuming that's how it works. But since you've probably know how the reactor is supposed to work for its designed purpose you should be able to verify :)

Great! Thanks for the thorough instructions :) I have never used the phosban reactors, they came with the tank.

I got a quick question pertaining to co2 can u add that to a tank at any time or should u do it at the beginning of a tank set up

I got a quick question pertaining to co2 can u add that to a tank at any time or should u do it at the beginning of a tank set up

IME, You can add it later or start with it. Be careful starting with it since your plants are not established you may have more difficulty achieving and maintaining a balance. Either way you will want to watch you levels very close.

K thanks i need to reseach an learn about the whole thing anyway cuase i don't know anything about them i just didn't wana waste my time if it wasnt feasible

Thanks for the help guys, I'm assuming g that because these are pet toys they Re safe for my aquarium.

Will these dish scrubbies work if I can find the animal toys

Attachments

• image-3925397192.jpg
    image-3925397192.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 44
the idea behind bioballs is to provide enough agitation for the co2 gas that's coming in and to break big bubbles into smaller ones until co2 is diffused into the water. if you feel that these "scrubbies" might work then you should try. but i have a feeling that it might not because it's too soft and the current from your reactor is going to push it to one end of the reactor rather than having the "churning effect" you would hope for.

So you want the balls moving around?

that's why you want the bioballs, if you don't want movement, then there's no point of having bioballs. but the idea is to increase agitation in order to cut down on the size of the bubble even more and allow them to diffuse easier

Back
Top Bottom