Aussies help! Where do you buy moss?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sushisnake

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all fellow Aussies. I'm having trouble finding a moss supplier. Lfs doesn't do moss, neither does their supplier. On line is fine- probably necessary since I live in country North Queensland. Thanks in advance!

I have seen a few places around brisbane like clayfield aquarium and a place in west end (not sure of the name). They might ship up to nth qld but not sure.

Mumma.of.two said:
Try livefish.com.au or eBay. They are the only places I've seen it. What kind are you after?

Thanks Mumma. I had a quick look on eBay after reading your post and found a few: using the botanical names helped. I didn't think to do that before. I will be using it for carpeting and for a driftwood branch and "wall". I'd like an epiphyte effect on the branch and a mossy wall effect on the wall. I'm thinking taxiphyllum and fissidens, some riccia, but I'm still very much a learner, so any suggestions are welcome. It's a 20 litre tank. Parameters are 0 A, 0 Ni and 10 Na. Ph is a horrible 6. It's coming out of the tap that way after I let it gas out. It's awful: the tap water gassed out at 7.6 a couple of months ago! I'm thinking about adding some crushed coral in a bag to bring it up a little.

Back
Top Bottom