Availability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I have a 55 gallon freshwater Fish tank and I was doing research and didn't find much. I am looking to have it be a predator tank but I am located in Arizona and there are lots of regulations. I was not sure what type of fish would be best. With still being legal.
I am looking to do live feeding. Thanks

A 55g limits your possibilities somewhat, especially for a predator tank, depending on your definition of "predator." I think your tank would be big enough for most bichir species, and possibly some of the smaller eels, suck as a Peacock. There are several types of smaller-growing, piscavorous fish readily available, and several types of small catfish could also be considered predators. aquarium Your tank is too small for fish like arrowana, Jaguar cichlids, etc. Regulations vary from state to state, but I can't think of a reason for standard aquarium fish to be illegal. Many states have regulations about keeping native species in aquariums though.

Dont really know a whole lot about it, but i thought that the South American leaf fish sounds really cool, so you might wanna google that a little bit

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom