Awesome candy machine project tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richardwm

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been mauling around this idea around in my head for weeks so I finally decided to start it. I found a three compartment coin operated candy machine and I've decided to turn 2 of the compartments into goldfish or betta tanks. There is plenty of room in the coin drawer for a air pump and I will use 2 small led lights for viewing. These are maybe a half gallon or so. Thoughts on a good fish for this project would be appreciated because I have always delt I'm tropical planted tanks. Here's some pics of the machine.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389408072.800241.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389408089.599390.jpg

Id suggest sticking with bettas goldfish are too messy to be kept in suck a small tank

Sent from my HTC One X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Absolutely NO goldfish as there is not enough room for even one. Perhaps bettas may work but you will need to consider how you will heat and filter the water. Or maybe some interesting shrimp? A 1/2g of water really limits possible stocking options but it should be a very interesting project! Good luck and look forward to seeing more pics of your progress! :)

Update I've been working with a local acrylic company to build a custom 3 gal instead of the existing 3 compartments.

Keep us updated I'm interested on how this will come out

Sent from my PRO7D using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hit a small snag with the acrylic tank but working it out the weird shapes don't sit we'll with the material.

Back
Top Bottom