babies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shankss69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Apparently one of my fish has had fry!... I was completely unaware of any pregnant fish in my tank!..they showed NO signs of being pregnant what so ever!.... they fry happily found good cover to hide in..is it safe to say I can just leave them alone or should I try to get them into a breeding net?... I have 2 mickey mouse platys 2 mollies 1 pleco and a sunburst wag or platy I can't remeber which one it is.. thanks!

They could very possibly be eaten if you leave them in the main tank, if I were you I would take them out and put them into a breeding tank. Good luck with the new fry!

What would be the best way to get them out? I don't want to injury or kill them!....

I just found 1 baby platy fry in my tank as I was emptying it out due to a leak. I didn't even realize my fish was pregnant, as she wasn't fat. I had a hard time catching it with a net, but I finally got that little booger out. you can try to scoop it out with a cup. He is now in a breeder tank all by himself.

You can use a net just be carful they can hide in the gravel. And be quick when he is out of the water

I forgot to post back but I did get him! Sadly I cannot find any others :(

I read someone that someone used a turkey baster to get her fry out.... however I have no idea if thats a good way or not. I have left my babies in my tank, I had 5 upon first count, and now today almost day 3 I found 8! there are amazing at hiding, and there growing. That said I dont have a huge tank, I have lots of tall top cover plants, hiding places, and my tank isnt full capacity...

gl with your fry!

Back
Top Bottom