Babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmja

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Was doing tank maint and found a few fry from the platy that I had assumed had all been eaten. But then to my huge surprise. I have at least 1 rainbow shark baby!!! Was super excited as how I have read its next to impossible. Since I just started my tank up not too long ago never thought about breeding just cycling never got a breeding tank just lots of rock and driftwood decorations and lots of diff varieties of silk and few plastic plants.

Congratz on it!!! That's cool that you got 1! It didn't let me finished but shut me out of the app .

Was doing tank maint and found a few fry from the platy that I had assumed had all been eaten. But then to my huge surprise. I have at least 1 rainbow shark baby!!! Was super excited as how I have read its next to impossible. Since I just started my tank up not too long ago never thought about breeding just cycling never got a breeding tank just lots of rock and driftwood decorations and lots of diff varieties of silk and few plastic plants.

Hello J...

If you want the fry to survive, starting feeding more often. Well fed adult fish aren't quite as likely to make a meal of the young ones, and the fry grow faster with several daily feedings. You could also get some Pennywort and float that in the tank. It grows quickly in most water conditions and would give the Platy fry more places to hide.

B

BBradbury said:
Hello J...

If you want the fry to survive, starting feeding more often. Well fed adult fish aren't quite as likely to make a meal of the young ones, and the fry grow faster with several daily feedings. You could also get some Pennywort and float that in the tank. It grows quickly in most water conditions and would give the Platy fry more places to hide.

B

+1 was about to say something like that but java moss or something that floats or hiding
Spots.

Thanx! I was already planning on a trip to my fish store....now I have even more reason to go!!! Pretty excited

So went to my lfs and I got the distinct feeling they didn't believe me about the baby rainbow shark...I get it next to impossible but I know what we all saw. Hmmmmph! Sorry little vent. But I was so excited about it!

Back
Top Bottom