baby brine shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankBoss

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Do any of you feed your fry with Artemia nauplii?

I just made one of those DIY brine shrimp hatcheries and hatched my first batch. This was my first so I WAY over estimated the amount to feed.My fry ( cyp leptosoma and n. leleupi) ate unlike they have eaten before.

Anyway, I just powered my filter back on and it finished eating the leftovers before my fish exploded...it was just surprising how eagerly the brine shrimp was eaten compared to every other food I've fed them.

I feed my nanos and fry with BBS fairly often, it just becomes a chore to reculture it daily. Live foods are always great, it really gets the fish going. Another good viable alternative is microworms, they are a lot easier to culture as well.

jetajockey said:
I feed my nanos and fry with BBS fairly often, it just becomes a chore to reculture it daily. Live foods are always great, it really gets the fish going. Another good viable alternative is microworms, they are a lot easier to culture as well.

I can see reculturing the shrimp daily becoming a chore but I decided to freeze them.

I'll definitely look into the worms.

jetajockey said:
I think he was just asking how you setup your DIY brine shrimp hatchery.

Haha! Well in that case... My apologies for the worlds worst and most knee jerk reply!

Back
Top Bottom