Baby cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawnkniest

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought some cichlids a couple days ago. Got electric blue they are only about 3 cm. I gave temp put them in my angel tank with clown loach, green tiger barbs, gouramis, black widow tetra. They are doing well and I can see some of the blots colors coming up already. I am still adding to this tank while another ones ages and gets ready fir them but wanted to know if I get some plants how much damage will they do with them so little.

Hi I have them listed as cichlid in aps and the breeder also told me they will eat plants so that's why I was worried about how much damage they will do at that size

Do you have any pictures? Since there are other cichlids that are also called el electric blue, like Jack Dempsey's and Ram's are also referred to as well.

This is the fancy name of them Aulonocara Stuartgranti Sorry can't get photo yet they are bloody quick in the tank for small buggers. Will keep trying tho

I have 7 Ngara Flametails and are some of my most popular selling fry. They should leave your plants alone. What size tank are your keeping then in?

They are currently in 150litre while I get a 120litre one set up gor them. Tho they are sharing with angels, barbs, clown loach and bristlenose catfish and gourami. All doing well and enjoying every1 company. No problems at all but S mentioned I had hoped to finish of my planting while they were I. There. I have seem comments about co2 and plants and also have no ideawhat this means. I put photo of tank as it is currently and I'm trying to achieve hight in plants at back.

Attachments

• image-3834968380.jpg
    image-3834968380.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 91
These fish require alot of swimming space and a minimum of a 4ft tank is minimum to keep these fish healthy and happy. If you intend to keep them a upgrade in tank size will be needed in the future.

Ya, peacocks need a 300 litre tank for a group, 1m/3-4f. Even in that size tank you won't keep more than a single male of one species peacefully, other male/s will be harassed or killed by the dominant male.

I believe there are cichlids that will be ok in 117 litre tank what should I be looking for? Ideally I will upgrade the tank in future but this tank was all I can afford and the fish will only be small which I can afford initially anyway. I want to nice vibrant colours.

Back
Top Bottom