Baby Cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glyn Oliver

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Imagine my suprise this morning when I saw a baby cory in my 55 gal tank. I wonder how long it has been in there as I have been vacuuming the gravel, cleaning plants, lifting bog wood out and cleaning it, I am very suprised it has survived. Anyhow I can tell he is a peppered cory as he has his colourings already and I would say he is about 10mm long. Any one got any ideas? I thought corys were difficult to breed?

Thanks

Taff

Cory's aren't difficult to breed and what you have expierenced is actually quite common. Tank conditions must be to their liking! Congradulations!

Thanks for the reply, the little guy is hiding out under some bog wood..... I think I will take a bit more care when cleaning for the next few weeks.
My water parameters are: Ammonia 0, NitrIte 0, NitrAte 10-20.
I did hear that when doing water changes if you replace the water with slightly cooler water it encourages them to lay eggs as it replicates fresh rain water falling... Not sure if this is true. I hope he grows a bit bigger as I am really proud of myself!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom