Baby fish feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

minx

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got a 10g full of baby Corys about 4 weeks old.

I've been feeding them with Liquifry up till now but I was wondering when I should start feeding them solid foods. I've tried putting a couple of sinking pellets that I feed my adult Corys on into the tank but they haven't shown a great deal of interest.

Can anyone help?

I always fed mine brine shrimp. I know they don't have much in the way of nutritional value, but the corys ate them and grew. I also gave them the freeze dried brine shrimp...it took them a little while but they eventually started picking at the pellets. As soon as they get just a little size, you can feed freeze dried tubifex. After they reach about 1/2" in length, they will eat frozen bloodworms easily. Did you leave the sinking pellets in the tank until they started to dissolve some?
Logan J

Yeah, although the snails seem to clean up anything that's left long enough to dissolve.

Perhaps it would be easier to soak the pellets before I put them in the tank?

Anyhow, thanks for the tips ... I'll try them on some bloodworms (the adult Corys love them)

With my Guppy fry, I didn't bother with the LiquiFeed stuff, I just ground down normal tropical fish flakes in the smallest way possible and they went doen fine. Eventually as they grow, you can feed other stuff like tubifex and freeze-dried foods as Logan mentioned.

Soaking isn't a bad idea either. (In your aquarium water)

I used to feed fry hard boiled egg yolk. I have no idea if this is still a popular thing to do, but it sure was back in the day. small quantaties, crumbled to a fine powder, 2-3 times a day, make sure they eat it all or it can foul the water.

Back
Top Bottom