Baby fish "Fry"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane fish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Please feel free to let us know your experience with different species pictures would be fab!

Attachments

• image-4067724006.jpg
    image-4067724006.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 116
Dwarf shrimp and Crays

Kinda sad story...

Dwarf shrimp and dwarf crayfish...

I was raising dwarf Cherry shrimp and got a female CPO/Cambarellus Patzcuarensis (var. orange ). She had maybe 7-8 babies and they were soooo cute teeny tiny orange mini lobsters everywhere.

After a couple of weeks I ended up with one baby CPO and a hugely reduced Dwarf shrimp baby population. (Moved the momma) She ate almost everybody :(

60074-albums9764-picture50416.jpg
[/IMG]

Moral of the story, CPO, adults don't mix with dwarf shrimp and their own CPO babies, don't leave them together, even if they are well fed!!!

I have a tank full of baby marbled crayfish right now. So cute! And marbled crays don't tend to eat their offspring and the babies don't usually cannibalize each other. So I still have pretty much all of them. Going to need a bigger tank for them soon, although most will be puffer food or sold to the LFS once they get a little bigger.

I'm currently raising about 15 or so platy fry in a 10g. Unfortunately the mother is not doing well and may not be around much longer. She is in a hospital tank and I've been treating her for hole-in-the-head disease. She got sick shortly after dropping her fry, so I'm worried they may have caught her illness, but they all seem healthy. 3 weeks old and already showing colors and patterns! Pretty fun to watch them grow up!

I have 9 platy fry that are 9 weeks old. This is my 3rd batch of fry. The first two batches, I released back into the main tank too soon. They were all eaten. I have learned my lesson. These babies are staying separate until they are at least 8 months old!

image-3227083923.jpg

My yellow labs spawned a few days ago. Also believe it or not, my kuhli loaches spawned.

I'm currently raising about 15 or so platy fry in a 10g. Unfortunately the mother is not doing well and may not be around much longer. She is in a hospital tank and I've been treating her for hole-in-the-head disease. She got sick shortly after dropping her fry, so I'm worried they may have caught her illness, but they all seem healthy. 3 weeks old and already showing colors and patterns! Pretty fun to watch them grow up!

Sorry to hear about your momma fish. :(

It is so sad. That is a hard call to have to make. :nono:

I have a now big Swordtail female, the sole survivor from a fish I didn't really know was even preggo. Thought the little fry was a guppy but after awhile it was clear she wasn't, by then the momma fish was long gone! It was nice to have the baby. She isn't quite as colorful as the momma was, but maybe hasn't ready full maturity yet.

My guppies have had another batch of fry, I have a small 30 ltr tank -2 males 2 female adults and now 6 one month old fry and 8 babies,

The problem is I'm now overcrowded I have 2 fluval mini power filters so I'm not worried about the water quality just the future cramped living conditions

I may have to "get rid" of the babies and any future babies, I love guppies because of the variety of colours but the breed like no ones business!!!!

Back
Top Bottom