baby snails!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
So there are baby snails EVERYWHERE in my 5 :D I am so excited! What I don't get is how it happened so fast, there have been eggs all over the place but I haven't seen any snails until a few minutes ago. It is strange how they showed up after the filter stopped working.... maybe it was sucking them up.

ok, does that mean they just pop them out like mammals then? there are tons of them everywhere! they are sooo tiny too

My entire population of MTS came from one snail. Where there's on MTS, there will soon be thousands. They do an excellent job of cleaning my tank and stirring my sand. Like mgamer said, MTS are livebearers. Ramshorns lay eggs though.

yea its all good until you got 400 million in your tank like i do...i can stamd a few, but i have too many now and the single ghost shrimp i have can only eat so many a day. i can deal with a few of them but this is rediculous...ill move them to their own tank until they cover the walls probably

Well I have a snail tank for my snails, but the problem now is that I moved some decor and substrate from that into my 30 and now I have picked 30 baby snails out in the last two days, and I am sure there is even more. They can stay in their own tank (I got them to feed my puffer) but I don't want them in the big one! Also it would be cool if they really were MTS but they are just pond snails. -_-

Lol well I have no idea. I think they are a-sexual. I now have picked 100+ baby pond snails out of my 29 in the last month. All from a few tiny plants and some sand!

I want the MTS, it's the pond snails I don't want. I will be getting assassin snails to keep the population in check. I have a dwarf puffer so I got the snails to feed him originally anyways. The MTS are to stir up the sand in the 29. The pond snails are the PITA right now lol.... even the ramshorns in the 5 haven't reproduced. But there is pond snails everywhere

pita is a understatement for how annoying they are. and my ghost shrimp died for no reason other than old age this week. i think i might get a crayfish or something or just some more ghosties. but i wish i had a convict right about now you should see my tank smh...

Back
Top Bottom