Baby whale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What exactly is a baby whale that is found at a lfs? I've heard them mentioned before and all I know is they get big. Are they actually whales? Or is that just the name?

Keep calm and drum on

It's just a name. A guy on Instagram messages me about them one time.

Their real name is: BRIENOMYRUS BRACHYISTIUS.....yes I copied that I didn't want to type it.

They get around 4-5 inches long and NOT community friendly.

Very picky about food... Generally only accepting live.

They also have an electric organ..

Read more about them here:

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/stats/misc_stats/stats_misc1e.html

Caleb

Yep, Caleb said it. They are related to the elephant nose, also a fish that gets pretty big and isn't community friendly. I do believe they like to live in groups, and that you should have at least a 55 for a group of 5 or so. Cool fish but never seen one in person before.

I noticed one the other day at my lfs and was curious about it. No one there knew what they where. Their kind of creepy looking

Keep calm and drum on

I noticed one the other day at my lfs and was curious about it. No one there knew what they where. Their kind of creepy looking

Keep calm and drum on

I find it curious that the store is selling these fish but no one knew about them. How do you sell something to someone if you can't explain what it is or how to care for it? I see them for sale on Aquabid occasionally and did know someone who claimed to have one but never saw it in person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I find it curious that the store is selling these fish but no one knew about them. How do you sell something to someone if you can't explain what it is or how to care for it? I see them for sale on Aquabid occasionally and did know someone who claimed to have one but never saw it in person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My lfs is bad at doing that. Most cichlids and brackish fish they don't know how to take care of. They've recommend bumblebee gobies and dragon gobies for a 10g Berta tank.

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom