Back at it! Hi from NH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone- a 5 year hiatus has landed me right back into reefing. How many salty fans are on the forum? Would be awesome to start chatting with everyone… I’m in the process of a new tank build and am pretty excited about it. Happy Reefing!

Good to have you back. I know next to nothing about SW but i always enjoy reading about what you salties are getting up to.

Good to have you back. I know next to nothing about SW but i always enjoy reading about what you salties are getting up to.

Hopefully I’ll be able to post pics soon. Got a pretty solid 75 gallon build I’m working on… [emoji1303]

Welcome back I just rejoined this forum a couple months ago too lol! Need more reefers on here

Welcome back I just rejoined this forum a couple months ago too lol! Need more reefers on here

Hopefully we’ll get some participation… your handle looks familiar. Wonder if we used to chat a while back…

Limited space after moving and time issues and I feel very comfortable going back to a nano maintenance wise, quick weekly water changing, low SW costs.

The larger tank costs are more, especially water changing and corals. I had a Mandarin Dragonet for about a year, and I bought the (used) 50G SCA setup for him after the move, but having a family emergency out of state, when I came home the fish had passed. Very disappointing.

Felt it wasn't worth the extra costs right now to do a new one, as he was eating anything I put in the tank and was very personable, also thought it wasn't as likely to get another one like him. :( Ha, sorry, life story.

Limited space after moving and time issues and I feel very comfortable going back to a nano maintenance wise, quick weekly water changing, low SW costs.

The larger tank costs are more, especially water changing and corals. I had a Mandarin Dragonet for about a year, and I bought the (used) 50G SCA setup for him after the move, but having a family emergency out of state, when I came home the fish had passed. Very disappointing.

Felt it wasn't worth the extra costs right now to do a new one, as he was eating anything I put in the tank and was very personable, also thought it wasn't as likely to get another one like him. :( Ha, sorry, life story.

Completely understandable! I don’t even like to think about how much my new build is costing me…

:whistle: Same here with my whole hobby and group of tanks in general... and then the costs over the years :changes: eek!

Ayuppp… but, could always be spending on worse things. Plus I enjoy the hobby so I can always justify it (y)

Agree. A friend mentioned that even though I spend X amount of money in my hobby, it's cheaper than many other sports and activities, especially which use procurement and maintenance of specialized vehicles, wings, boats, wheels, or travel across the world. So I felt so much better after rationalizing it!

Back
Top Bottom