Back in the tank game....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I am glad to.... but still going to keep it up running until tomorrow afternoon

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i feel you on the leak. the bottom seal gave out in my 125.... knocked me out of the hobby for a year

Sitting here all anxious waiting for my BRS shipment to arrive today.... I hate this can't it just be here already

Well my rock and sand arrived.... I think 50 lbs of dry rock is about 100 + lbs of wet rock.....

Not to happy.... my skimmer showed up today. ... but it is missing parts.... so i called BRS and a new one is already on its way.... plus 2 new bags of sand from them being ripped open so now I will have 100 lbs of sand in my tank... so happy with there customer service....

Attachments

• 1392931801315.jpg
    1392931801315.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 90
Not to happy.... my skimmer showed up today. ... but it is missing parts.... so i called BRS and a new one is already on its way.... plus 2 new bags of sand from them being ripped open so now I will have 100 lbs of sand in my tank... so happy with there customer service....

Man it seems trouble is following you! Good luck with the new skimmer

No its the vertex omega 150... And it is a beast

Kinda upset the vertex was missing parts.... but this thing seems to be really well built.... I hope to get the water for the tank this weekend.... and get the cycle going.... then I am going to get my lights

Tank filled with saltwater and 60 lbs of Fiji pink sand, 50 lbs of Fiji dry rock..... biopellets up and going.... Dr tims one and only in the tank..... should have new skimmer on Thursday..... starting off as a good week so far....

What is my overflow so loud.... I did the dorso style and it slurps so loud.... almost annoying

Yeah.... it fills all the way to the top..... I have my return pump turned way down..... and the drain line is wide open....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yeah.... it fills all the way to the top..... I have my return pump turned way down..... and the drain line is wide open....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Then you need to make the top little hole a little bigger from my experience. Slowly go up a size on the drill bit. That hole acts as a vacuum to release trapped air so try the next whole size on your drill bits. It needs a bit of a tweak

Ok.... so i got the overflow to quiet down some.... but it's still a little louder then I would like.... then I also added an maxi jet to help with flow for now(until I get my mp10s) and that thing is annoyingly loud..... was really wanting to have a super quiet tank.... but i don't think with this overflow set up it will happen..... any more ideas on how to make this thing silent....

Cut a piece of tubing that fits tightly into the hole you drilled. Slide it up and down till you find the sweet spot. The glass-holes overflow I have came with one and it helped quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom