Back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
In the last few months I've downgraded my fish collection to 5 fish who I really enjoy and plan to have for the duration of their lives. This includes three dojo loaches, a beautiful sarasa comet, and a bristle nose pleco. I know the bristlenose doesn't really fit with these coldwater fish, but he's only been in there a few months and I plan to sell him before the weather gets cold again. For now the tank temp is definitely in his comfortable range. They are all in a 20 gallon long, and I'm posting to get some suggestions on what tank upgrades I could make that would be fitting for the 4 coldwater fish I have. I know a bigger tank would be cool, maybe a 30 gallon breeder but I don't want to go much higher than that. Any suggestions on more animals/fish I could add, or any equipment, idk. :band:

I suppose some white cloud minnows would go with that set up. I'm not sure what you need as far as equipment goes. Basically just need lights and a filter so that's pretty basic.

Well not a lot of people have cold water set ups. I'm not familiar with cold water set ups but I gave the only recommendation that I had. Sorry I personally couldn't be of more assistance. Give it some time and maybe the others will chime in.

PS - Next time a more descriptive topic may help yield the responses you desire.

Comet goldfish are better suited for ponds IMO. A 30 BR wouldn't be nearly large enough.

I would upgrade to a 40 breeder and put the Comet in a pond. Then get some fancy goldies and keep the Dojo loaches. The Loaches especially will thank you for a bigger tank! And the Comet will thank you for giving it a much needed upgrade.

Some White Clouds might work, just be sure they are big enough not to get eaten by the Goldfish.

Back
Top Bottom