Background troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Becket

Aquarium Advice Newbie
OK, this may seem like a silly question but I am having trouble with my aquarium background!

I noticed that I could barely see the background when I put it on (taped it along the edges using electrical tape). The image appeared to be quite dark and I could barely tell what it was. Then a spot on it got wet and "stuck" to the glass and looked great! Vibrant colours, very clear picture etc.

So I decided to try and wet the whole thing, and use a credit card to "squeegie" the air bubbles out and then tape the edges again. Well it worked wonderfully! For about the first day.....the water started to dry our and air bubble were appearing. Eventually the whole thing pretty much turned dark again, and now, once again, I can barely see it.

hahah I know this seems like it should be the simplest thing in the world but does anyone have any suggestions to make it visible?

P.S. The water is clear so it shouldnt be a problem with that and the aquarium does have a light.

Thanks alot

Yes, I used vegetable oil, and my background looks great. I poured a little bit at a time on a paper towel, and used the paper towel to apply a think coat to the whole back of the tank. Works like a charm, and no tape required.

Back
Top Bottom