bad red tailed shark bad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yv1

Aquarium Advice Activist
i caught my bf's red tailed shark attacking and eating one of my precious albino neonsand gobbling it up. are they known to do this? and somehow im missing a cardinal tetra also... i always thought they were okay as long as only one was in the tank.

grrrrrr

will the shark do okay in a 5 gallon??? My bf has a 5 gal not cycled yet so hes been keeping his shark in my 40g and its eating my fish...

will i have to trade his shark in??? or is this just a freak occurence?

i had one in my tank for a week with a steady supply of tiny to big guppies for my gar and firemouths, and he always ran away from them. then an hour ago i got a call that he was curled up in a corner, turned white, and stopped gilling. I get home and hes dead. we're just not having red tailed luck in here. otherwise I heard they only are agressive against other sharks of the same family but that they are omnivorous and will eat anything they can ingest if they get hungry enough. I'd say he needs more protein in his diet, or hes a bum. try feeding some live/frozen meaty food and see if it stops. but don't trust me, mine just croked...

a 5 gallon is way too small for a red tailed black shark, iv owned a few and havve never had any problems with them eating other fish except for fry that i was culing, how big is the redtailed black shark now? and how big are your other fish?

Back
Top Bottom