Badis Badis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerrod938

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Been thinking about getting some red and some blue Badis Badis fish. Anyone out there with knowledge or experience with these little guys? Please let me know before I make a uneducated purchase. Thanks

Borderlesscott has Scarlet Badis. You might want to PM him. I know other people on this site have them as well.

I have one of these little guys in my planted 40B. He's a bit shy, but every now and then you see him puff out his chest and boss the cherry barbs around. I'm thinking about getting another one, as so far the one that I have isn't difficult and he is beautiful when he's out and about. My pH is around 6.6, ammo and nitrites are 0, and nitrates are kept 10-20 ppm. The only thing I'd warn is that if you have a community tank, they are pretty shy and you don't see them much. If you want to watch them a lot, I'd keep them with similarly sized fish or in a species tank, and keep it heavily planted with live or fake plants so they feel comfortable hiding if they need to.

Thanks bosoxlobsterman, I have a nicely planted tank with rock formations to provide tons of hiding places. Is it true that if you offer fish hiding places you increase your chances of seeing them more because they feel safer? Just curious, I read it a long time ago in an aquarium book or something.

Haha yeah, I've read that as well. I can't speak for others who have keep fish a lot longer than me, but my fish seem to be happier with lots of places to hide. I don't think they're necessarily out more, but they are definitely more active :)

Back
Top Bottom