Bangaii Cardinal face down in corner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beccabecca101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I've had my bangaii cardinal ever since my tank finished cycling. The story behind him is the day I got my snowflake clown my mom decided to also surprise me with getting me the cardinal since she really liked him. Now every now and then I'll see my clown striking at him or pecking him. This doesn't happen often, I see it only once a day when I'm around the aquarium which is about the whole day. I'm pretty positive the fish is stressed. He's always in one corner near the return pump and now he's there, face down. I turned down my flow, turned off the white light and also turned down my heater a bit as it is at 79°F. All my water parameters are absolutely fine. Is this normal behavior or should I give him to a lfs? I don't want to do any more harm to this guy as they are endangered species

How large is the banggai in relation to the clown? Clowns can be real buttheads. Is the banggai still eating? Ripped fins? I wouldn’t mess with the temp. As long as it’s constant at 79 I’d leave it be. Changing the temp will most likely just stress the fish more. If you’ve already changed it though just leave it where you changed it.

No the temperature didn't drop at all yet so I'll let it be at 79. He's probably the same size as my clown, maybe the clown a bit bigger. He's always been an amazing eater and pounces on it quickly. I actually have trouble feeding the clown as he eats everything. He does have a bit of his fin ripped on top but that's how he came from the lfs. I hbad all my lights on but when I turned off the white light he actually seemed to calm down. Maybe the lights are overkill?

Alright well I fed both of them some extra food last night so that I'm not trying to juggle feeding them and he seems a lot better. He'll chill in his corner every now and then but mostly around the tank this morning. Hopefully everything does calm down. The clown hasn't been seen pecking or chasing at him today either

What size tank is this? How much rock is in the system? Without enough room the fish won’t be able to establish proper territories and the bullying will continue.

What size tank is this? How much rock is in the system? Without enough room the fish won’t be able to establish proper territories and the bullying will continue.
Yeah, I wanted to find a way for it to work. But did some thinking and actually gave my clown to a trusted LFS that will take good care of her. In return got a pygmy angle and some cool corals.

Back
Top Bottom