BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys! I can thank fresh for the beautiful AR! I like the idea of pogo but aquarium planted central sells them emersed and it will melt... Does any other places with reasonable shipping sell it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I also vote pogo. Mine is doing beastly! All of them are at least 18" tall! Co2 really increased the stem thickness, leaf length, and fullness. Just wish she'd pink up some more!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Finally! I can attach a pic again! Look at that pogo forest!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1409010350286.jpg
    1409010350286.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 71
Finally! I can attach a pic again! Look at that pogo forest!

You are growing green gold there! Prepare your inbox. Lol.
Does submerged pogo erectus ship well?

Tank looks great! I think something long with sender leaves will look good in the back left. I'm thinking some Cyperus helferi. It can be had at petsmart in one of their tissue culture varieties.

Woah!!! Feeling generous?!? Haha!

Ha! Is that directed to me or schoe? I am still trying to grow what I've got. I did the emerged pogo erectus route and after about a 90% melt, I have about 6-7 short stems growing. Schoe has a forest of envy.

I've never shipped or received shipped plants... Probably gonna let it grow to the surface before trimming. One of the stems has three large stems off the base. Mine, too, melted like crazy when I first put it in. Lost most of their leaves, and the stems melted at the root - stripped the melted part and replanted. I've only trimmed and replanted it once in the last three months I've had it.

No that was directed a schoe not you Fresh! If they all melt during shipping I might just get them from aquatic plants central.

Yah schoeplein, that's amazing, I have some of freshs' pogo and it's healthy but the slowest grower in the tank.m

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The tank is beyond clear! I have never seen it like this its like going from standard to hdtv! Some of the rotala indica doesnt look to great. Still seeing dome fallout from the blackout

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409165265.827054.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409165265.827054.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 78
Thanks! I gave it a big trim, crossing my fingers. I had trouble with it at one point in my last tank

Once my pogo took hold, it's gone bonkers. I thought my l. repens was growing well - after I removed 75% of it, and spread the pogo stems out, it doubled in size. Shoot, everything has been going well after I tripled my glut and started a vigilant pps pro regime...

Some of my stem plants are rotting in the middle of the stem but the tops of the plants are still growing. I believe this is a type of deficiency any know what it is?

Which plants? I've had this happen to the Rotala wallichii and pogo erectus and thought the stems rotted because of low light. But your planting does not look too dense. Not sure why it's happening then.

Started with the Diandra then started to happen to the Red Myrio and Mermaid Weed.

So I want to order the Pogo for aquatic plants central and it came across my mind. "hey if I am paying shipping if I want to change any other plants nows the time" so I am thinking of a "mini" rescape. I will be adding pogo to the left side, switching out the red myrio with some new stuff and maybe replace rotala indica.... But with what..... I was thinking Red Walchii but next to the Myrio it may be the wrong leaf structure... what do you guys think?

How'd you do b?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom