Beamswork DA 6500K 0.50W Series LED Pent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danioscape

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys am a noob in the game here and I really love the look of mini DHG and am planning to do a 15g (54l) 24x12x12 planted tank with some Seiryu I only want DHG java and Christmas’s moss and a few other low light plants.

I am aware though if I want a carpet I’m going to need mid/high lighting My tank is about 11inches deep with substrate say 10 inches. Will this light support carpet growth of DHG mini

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4FS6ZU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_D-4fFb44QZPS0

Lumen: 3100
LEDs: 60x 0.50 watt
Config: 52x 6500K, 8x Actinic
2 Modes: All on / 8x only
Timer Ready
Product information 60cm - 24"

I have also heard that I will need co2 to promote growth and reduce algae but as there is a lot of technicality involved, which I love, BUTI want to do things properly and get my head around the info. I am aware of the Finnex but my top budget is £50 pounds and I’m ordering from the US to U.K. All I can find is the NICREW but I know this won’t be enough

I have read somewhere about and T8 and T5 HO in a DIY Fluoro setup is this still possible/ efficient

Thanks in advance

I have a Beamsworks but use it on a 48" taller tank with lower light plants, not sure it would be enough light.

The below articles will surely help you in the CO2 part!

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/beginners-guide-to-co2-injection-in-the-planted-tank/

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/carbon-dioxide-systems/

I got a pair of these lights 24" (for my FW Waterbox30G) and they are a steal deal for the powerful light they put out, worth reading about at least to see if the PAR would be enough for what you want.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ECOXOTIC-9...866509?hash=item3fe222bacd:g:z6gAAOSwKtVWzQNG

Thanks for help

Thanks so much for the reply I have tried in a number of forums and got little response. I have a few questions to ask if that’s ok,

1. You mention that you have a Beamswork on your 48”. Which sounds like a 40-45g long with a depth of 17-19 inches is this correct?? If it is then I would agree that at that size it would be too deep for high light.

2. The article I looked at mentioned two models and says.

https://aquanswers.com/led-lights-for-aquarium-plant-growth-best-color/#for-gallon-volume

20-gallon LONG tank with high-demand plants: Beamswork DA FSPEC 0.50W Pent ( my depth is the same as this one 12”)
20-gallon HIGH tank with low-demand plants: Beamswork EA FSPEC

The Pent will ultimately work for a 10, 15, 20 gallons long and a 30-gallon breeder high-tech planted tank. Basically tanks with 12″ of height.

It will support the growth of high-light requiring plants well in these setups, which given its price is more than welcome.

Would trust this review. I have also emailed them but am awaiting response

Can you just clarify for me which model it is your big tank.

I would love to explore the option that you posted unfortunately I can’t get the link to work :(

Thanks so much

Hey I was able to access the link is this the item you’re referring too

E-60: 9402: 24.5” x 2” x 1”, 32 Watts, 16 Daylight 8,000K/4 RGB LEDs, 20 LEDs total

Wow that’s a big company, is that one of the swaying factors that led to you to purchase the LED at $30 dollars that’s 20 cheaper than my current option too. I’m not gunna lie I just get a bit nervous when I hear Chinese becuase I don’t want be buying twice. That being said your hardscape looks awesome by the way and I’m guessing you wouldn’t be putting any old thing in your setup.

May I ask the width of your tank mine is 12 high and 12 width would one light be sufficient at this price I could pick up 2 for 10$ more

Tbh with you I been on the forums all night and I don’t think it’s gunna be possible for me to get the carpet I want with the budget. Do you think I could achieve it with this

I know I’m going a bit off topic here but I just had a few more questions

I have been looking at dwarf sagg eleocharis parvula and Monte Carlo Vallisneria as options for the least demanding carpet planets I don’t know if that’s right

Thanks for the help autumn much appreciated

The width of the Waterbox tank they are on is 24". 16" on that tank to the light to substrate.

In the search for economically priced lighting, these lights are really highly rated, and well performing.

It is a special tank,but the cost of $250-300. for the lighting I was looking at was crazy. I don't have extra money to play in that dollar figure.

These lights are very nice!

There are a number of my other tanks which have CurrentUSA lights. Their customer service is excellent. Very caring about the customer, 2 weeks ago I bought a CurrentUSA small light for my nano shrimp cube and it got lost in the mail its was a number of days past due arrival, nothing to do with the company at fault, our USPS. I emailed them checking to see if they could request a trace for the packages location. They sent out a new light right away that same day. Told me not to worry about the lost package.

I stick to lower to medium light plants. You could make a good mat of Dwarf Sag. with that light.

With 2 lights you might grow anything.

There are adjustable remote options for lighting color and strength and duration! You can set a timer for the lighting , etc., I haven't exactly done that yet. haha, not my favorite thing programming a remote, lol.

Right now, I am considering a 48" Ecoxotic for my 80G to replace the Beamworks or the add it to the 72G tank which is deeper so could use more lighting for bottom plants.

Last edited:
This (below) is the Beamsworks I have now.

The one I had before was a 12", and I think it still works but I broke the power supply housing and after living with it taped for a long time it came apart and became unsafe.

It is a good bright light but the things I do not like is the plug from the power supply tot he light, the part that plugs in the light fixture is a tiny short and falls out a little too easy. The other part is that I prefer the RGB not just white and blue lights.

Beamswork 48" EA 120 Timer White Blue 0.50W LED Aquarium Light Freshwater Fish
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beamswork-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Back
Top Bottom