Beaten Siamese Fighter!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marshy92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!

I had about 30 Cichlids in my 350Litre tank, I re-homed all but 2 of these these as I wanted to change to a comunity tank.

So I added 3 Clown Loach, 2 Pakistan Loach, 1 Pictus Catfish, 2 Silver Sharks, Albino Bristlenose and a Siamese Fighter in addition to my 2 Malawi Cichilds. After a week I soon noticed the Cichlids bullying my Betta and half of his fin had been nipped off so I've now removed my Cichlids.

My question is will his fin grow back? If so what can I do to help and how long will it take?

marshy92 said:
Hello!

I had about 30 Cichlids in my 350Litre tank, I re-homed all but 2 of these these as I wanted to change to a comunity tank.

So I added 3 Clown Loach, 2 Pakistan Loach, 1 Pictus Catfish, 2 Silver Sharks, Albino Bristlenose and a Siamese Fighter in addition to my 2 Malawi Cichilds. After a week I soon noticed the Cichlids bullying my Betta and half of his fin had been nipped off so I've now removed my Cichlids.

My question is will his fin grow back? If so what can I do to help and how long will it take?

Yes the fins will grow back. You'll want to keep,the water extra clean & watch for signs of infections. Usually the damage isn't into "flesh" so to speak & they heal up just fine. I don't have Cichlids but I have heard they can be quite aggressive.

Clean water, lots of it. I would do 50% PWCs daily until he starts healing. While this will be good for your other fish too, you might want to consider putting him in a cycled ten gallon and treat him, it would be easier on you.

cheers for the replys, but i dont have a spare tank so i guess hefty water changes will have to do for now! How long will i have to do this for lol

You should start seeing visable healing within a week. I'm not talking a full recovery, just some new fin growth. The more damage the longer it will take to grow back in.

its not overly bad about half of the bottem fin and a little bit off the tail fin so hopefully he'll look as good as new sooner rather than later! Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom