Beeding blue wag platys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have four blue wag platys in my 40 gallon as well as a lot of other relatively small community fish. Do I need to do anything for my platys to breed? I also have a male red platy. Is there a chance I could get them to cross breed?

Nothing much you can do to help them breed, just and sure all your water parameters are In check and keep up on your WC routine and they should spawn frequently.

It is possible for them to crossbreed.

Here soon you'll be trying to get them to stop breeding! They are like the rabbits of the fish world! Very easy and you will have drops consistently once they get settled in. Even if you removed the males the females could still hold sperm and have several drops after that.

They could definitely interbreed. Platys can even cross breed with Mollys and Guppies! Its pretty interesting stuff. Goodluck!

Yeah my parameters are all good just making sure they'd breed in such a large tank

Here soon you'll be trying to get them to stop breeding! They are like the rabbits of the fish world! Very easy and you will have drops consistently once they get settled in. Even if you removed the males the females could still hold sperm and have several drops after that.

They could definitely interbreed. Platys can even cross breed with Mollys and Guppies! Its pretty interesting stuff. Goodluck!

Thanks! Good to know. I have my breeder case ready

As long as they can find each other they will breed lol
I don't think that will be an issue, they will see each other at one point or other.

But I'm not kidding when I say you'll be trying to get them to stop breeding soon! I kept guppies for a short time, started with a trio and ended up with over 100 in a short 5 months.
But I can't say much, I'm in a way trying to get my tiger Endlers to breed right now. Not really breed, but to actually have a fry drop. I've had the same 3 females looking gravid for 4 months

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom